Learn how to build a Course in SparkLearn
What is a Course?
A course is a group of content that is organized together to provide structure to learning. Courses are made up of learning objects (articles, web links, eLearning packages, and documents) and cards (flashcards, tips, and quizzes) that can be put in a specific order.
Courses are intended to cover a single subject and can include Tests to assess a learner's understanding of that subject.
If you want to put together a curriculum of content that includes Courses and covers more than one subject, a Journey should be created instead.
Content managers can assign courses to groups and set a completion due date. This content will appear under the "Assigned" section on a learners dashboard
Flashcards and tips do not have a "complete" condition, so the length of a course and whether or not it has been completed is based on the number of learning objects, tests, and quizzes only.
- Select Collections from the menu on the left of the screen
- Under Collections, select Courses
- Select the Create New Course button to get started
- Select the Topic you want the Course to fall under
- Add a Title
- Choose a Featured Image to represent the Course
- Add relevant Tags to help users find your Course
- Add a Description for your Course
- Select Add Learning Content to add content to the Course
- Choose existing content by checking the boxes next to the content you want to include and then select Add Content
- Add new content by selecting one of the other tabs to create tips, quizzes, flashcards, tests, etc.
- Re-order content within the course by selecting and dragging the cards in the order you want them to appear
- Select Groups to share the content with
- If one or more groups are selected, only learners who belong to those groups will have access to the group
- If no groups are selected, all learners will have access to the group
- Check the Assigned box beneath an added group to assign it to those users
- Set the Due Date the course should be completed by
- Check the Notify learners of assignment box to notify group members
- Choose the Difficulty level of your Course
- Content Managers only: Select Scheduling Options in the settings section and select the Date and Time you want your Course published on
- Owners only: Select Promotion Options in the settings section and check Promoted and/or Sticky to increase the visibility of content to your learners
- Promoted - content appears in all users’ For You tab until they have completed it or the promotion is removed
- Sticky - content appears in the Trending tab on the learner's dashboard and at the top of the list when viewing a tag
- Check Published to publish the Course now or leave it unchecked to save it as a draft or use scheduling options
- Once you're finished, choose to Save or Preview the Course
Still can’t find what you're looking for? Contact Support