Release Notes: July 2022
The SparkLearn® 3.3 release has updated features and new tools for content delivery and notifications. The biggest news in this release is the ability to assign content to users with due dates.
SparkLearn is built around the principles of adaptive and self-regulated learning, but we realize that some content needs to be assigned to users with specific dates of completion assigned. The new Assigned Content feature creates another view for learners to be able to easily see what has been assigned to them and what has been completed.
- Content managers:
- Content managers can assign content to users based on the groups they are in.
- Materials can be assigned at the course level.
- Reporting on what learners have completed.
- Learners can be notified via in-app messages that new content has been assigned to them.
- A new section in the learner's view that highlights if there's new assigned content for them.
- The due date is included in the assigned course tile for easy reference for learners.
- An additional view is available after a user completes the content, which includes the completion date.
- A section in the users dashboard shows completed assignments.
In addition to in-app notifications, we saw the need to be able to notify learners that may not use the app version so, we have now enabled email messaging from the app.
- Added the ability to send emails to users from the system. This is available on both the individual or group level.
An update to our podcast player that makes it easier to view other content while listening to podcasts.
- When a user starts a podcast and hits the back button to navigate elsewhere, the podcast will keep playing. A mini-player will be available at the bottom of the screen.
- The mini-player gives you quick controls for pausing playback. Also, it can be minimized to stay out of the way.
Enhancements and Bug Fixes
- Adds the ability to send email notifications to learners
- Adds the ability to assign courses to groups
- Users are no longer warned during account creation if they are using an email address that is already associated with an account. Instead, following account creation, an email is sent to the existing account to remind them that they already have an account and to provide password reset instructions, if needed.
- Users are now required to have passwords that are at least 8 characters long and can no longer reuse old passwords; additional password constraints are available on a tenant-by-tenant basis
- Removed the "Not applicable" language option; customers are encouraged to use "Not specified" when they want to content to appear for all languages
- Improves the UX of the search bar for content managers
- Improves the UX of the date fields when scheduling events or publishing content
- Disables Google Chrome's auto-translate functionality when switching between languages as a content manager
- Fixes for tips for passwords on the user registration screen
- Resolves error when trying to load user’s membership for a non-existent group
- Fixes an issue where the preferred language selector may show up twice during account registration
- Updates underlying frameworks and dependencies
- Fixed an issue where the app would periodically log out on its own
- Added a podcast mini-player that can be persistent throughout the application if a podcast is playing
- [iOS] Fixed an issue in which repeating events would not properly add the correct repeating pattern on a calendar
- Some learner-facing labels for joining virtual events are only available in English
- The author field for translated content is assigned to an anonymous user
- Under some circumstances, the total number of contents displayed in the Library section of the dashboard doesn't match the actual number of contents in each time
- Content managers may encounter an error message when translating a course
- The app may crash when resumed from running in the background for a long time
- Only up to 50 bookmarks will show
- Large accessibility text sizes may cause overlapping text
- A podcast cannot be replayed immediately after it finishes (workaround: exit and return to the podcast to restart the playback)
- When returning to the Group detail screen after viewing content, it frequently jumps to the top of the view
Tips for Updating
To ensure that your application is kept up to date, make sure your iOS & Android auto-updates are turned on. We have provided links below to assist you with turning on this feature. There is no need to update the CMS, as that is done automatically. If you have a customized SparkLearn® instance and need help with anything, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team.
For Tips & Tricks
Visit our Knowledge Base
For help with anything don't hesitate to reach out firstname.lastname@example.org