Learn what a Tag is and how to create one
What is a Tag?
A Tag is an interactive keyword that is used to link learners to similar content within SparkLearn. Tags can be followed by learners and used to find content that shares a common theme. To give learners the best experience, choose Tags that are relevant to the content you are creating and use them consistently.
- High-level concepts - Outside of the Groups and Topics that you can use when structuring content, you can use #tags to tie in related material, #Procedures #Process #Documentation
- Content types - Tag #PDF or #Video to let your learners know what the content is before even clicking to launch it
- Time - Your learners may be time-pressed, so think about letting them know the approximate time to complete a learning object, #2 Minutes, #5 Minutes, etc. This can also help with discovery. If your learners only have a few minutes before their next call, they can find material that can be completed in time to maximize their learning and their day.
- Job Roles - Think of what your users may be searching for or need, #Sales #Marketing #Front of House #Managers
- Location - Have users in different locations or even different brands? Use #tags to help identify #Location 1 #Brand X
- Select Collections from the menu on the left of the screen
- Under Collections, select Tags
- Select the Create New Tag button to get started
- Add a Name for the Tag (you do not need to include the "#" symbol)
- Add a Description for the Tag
- Add Relations by selecting Parent Terms and giving them a Weight
- Parent terms are other Tags that can be synonymous or related to the current Tag
Weight determines which terms are displayed first with higher weighted terms being more important
- Select Save to finish creating your new Tag
Still can’t find what you're looking for? Contact Support